1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

a not so simple error 12007

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ruphon, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruphon

ruphon Thread Starter

hi,

i think i put my original thread in the wrong forum. not overly sure but you guys are normally pretty quick to anwser things and that one's been dead a fortnight. so here goes:) :

i mistakenly moved to talktalk as an isp from bt. and from the day i was connected ive had these problems. i have spent pretty much everyday on hold to tech support for 3weeks and they dont have a clue. i will have sporadicaly disconnecting internet. but the bizaare stuff:
    -i open google, no connection you arnt online, i close IE, i open it, google loads..
    -i open IE, no connection, pick a bookmark, that loads.. but google wont load..
    -i open IE, no connection, nothing works its totally down and i have to run the fix programme that says my dns/ip is static when it should be aquiring dynamic. then it says i have a problem with my tcp stack. then it reboots, and within an hour its broken again. actualy within 2minutes of opening at times..
    -im playing WoW, i tab out to check something online, IE has no connection everything is broken but im online playing a game yet the web is broken..
    -a problem within WoW itself is that nothing (and i mean nothing; no talking, trading, spells, quest dialogs happen UNless i press a direction key..) [i spend most of my life playing WoW(im a student:p) and this is quite possibly the most annoying thing ive ever had go wrong.]

i copied a window diag thingy from the log it gave me whilst i was 'playing' wow:

Last diagnostic run time: 11/04/07 03:40:05 Network Adapter Diagnostic
    Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
    Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection 2, Device=Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
    info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
    info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
    warn This machine has more than one Ethernet or more than one Wireless adapter
    info Redirecting user to support call

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
    error Could not make an FTP connection.

i use the realtek as net card. (the 1394 doesnt seem to go away)

i have spent a good few hours trauling the web looking for solutions. ive tried the netsh reset thing. and a number of other bits and bobs that have just failed to work.

ok so im running winXP and IE7. i have adaware6, spywareblaster and Sophos/zone alarm as protection. ive updated all my drivers for every card i have and every bit of software/hardware on this machine. im at a total loss and getting really frustrated :(

any help would be much appreciated :)
    many thanks
    ruph

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice