1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A odd annoyance

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kyzou, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kyzou

Kyzou Thread Starter

Hello, i have encountered a unusual problem with my computer recently.
    Saturday i began clearing out old programmes and files like i usualy do every so often, after about 10 minutes of doing so my computer began freezeing for a while every time i deleted a object, after putting up with this for about another 15 minutes i then went to clear my recycle bin to the same result of freezeing, and being unresponsive.

This has developed into AVG anti spyware crashing at 72% of a scan, and if a Disk check starts on load up on the second stage it stops at 14% so i have to restart and make sure im there to stop the scan to procede into my computer. Besides this my computer is fine, only when i delete a object it occurs and is becoming a great annoyance. I have tryed Spybot which actually managed to finish a scan and only found Cookies as a object, i have also tryed a virus scan with AVG and finding nothing.

Tobehonest, i do format every so often and dont mind doing so, but at the moment i have a heavy schedule at college and my multimedia course and really dont have the time and it would set me back having to format and reload all my programmes. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how i can solve this problem, as im not sure what is causing it to happen, my only guess is a registry problem perhaps.

Thanks in advance

Kyzou

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

Don't mention what amount of memory you have in the PC and what size Hard drive and how much free space is left.

Have you Defrag lately...

3. Kyzou

Kyzou Thread Starter

I have 1 gb memory and 74.5gb hard drive with around 38.5gb left.

Kyzou

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

One solution to the problem would be to backup all of your data to anotehr media like CD-R's, DVD or thumb drive and then when this is done re do your computer completely and re-install all of your applications and then restore all of your data. When this is running correctly and just the way you want I would suggest making an image of the system with a program like Acronis True Image. This way when your system gets to goofed up whether it is from trying to clean it out or whatever all you do is an incrememntal backup and then run Acronis and apply the image right over again and you are back up and running in around 1/2 hour or so which is a lot better than reformat and re-installing.

http://www.acronis.com

5. Kyzou

Kyzou Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply,

I have backed up everything to CD's at the moment, i will look to re-install in the next few days when i get a chance and just try and get it all up and loaded within a night if possible.

Thanks again

Kyzou

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice