1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A person needs real help

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by bandit429, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bandit429

bandit429 Thread Starter

I know someone who is really stuck in life. Her name is Jennifer shes 43,,,and shes walking with a cane now. She has scoliosis ( I cant spell) 3 ruptured discs an artheritis... there is a lot to the story,,,what I wanna ask is: Is there anyone out there who can help her???? Send me a PM if you need to.

2. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

What do you mean by "help her?" If you mean medical help, I'm sure that you can find someone to help her. But am I not mistaken if you're talking about assisted suicide? Don't take offense to what I said if I misunderstood, but why ask for help finding a doctor when it's as easy as it is to find one. If, and only if I inferred what you are trying to say...I wouldn't reccomend that kind of help. That's not really help. That's just taking the easy way out, when with some hard work she could actually live a fairly happy life.

There's always a better way. :(

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

bandit: Watch for a pm. I'm going through walking problems too and awaiting final word on what to do about needing two knees replaced and to straighten out my lower legs which are bowing in. I'm only 4 years older than your friend God bless her! Take care. angel

4. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

Sounds like I'm just confused. :confused:

It's ok though. :D

5. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

There's worse things...such as being defused! :eek:

6. bandit429

bandit429 Thread Starter

Nope Not suicide LOL omg,,,,,,,I wouldnt dream of that,,,,I should have been more clear,,,,she needs some serious surgery. In Tennesee there is Tenn care but its worthless and as we all know no insurance will cover a pre-existing condition...It was an accident and did happen at work but she did not report it,,,,,,not a smart move. Now time has passed and I dont know that comp would cover it. I didnt know who to ask or where to start so I started here. Thanks for reading.

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

How long ago at work did it happen?

8. bandit429

bandit429 Thread Starter

Months have passed,,,,,I know I wasnt really clear,,,,,,but I am looking for ideas on where and how to start,,,,,,,,she was afraid to tell them at work because she didnt want to lose her job....and believe me Candy I have seen her personally. Her body is really in bad shape. I know that at least that part is true.

9. ~Candy~

If it's only been months, she needs to tell her employer. Workman's Comp is for 'real people who have real injuries.' I've been taken to the cleaners by fake injuries, it's about time it's used for what it's there for.

Certainly some other co-workers saw the accident. Not sure about Tenn., but I believe in AZ you have a year although I could be wrong ;) and it's been awhile ;)

http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/wcfaq.html#injured

Statue of Limitations
    Generally, the right to workers' compensation benefits is barred unless within one year after the injury occurred or the injured worker was informed his condition is permanent and related to his employment, workers' compensation benefits are paid or a claim for workers' compensation is filed with a court of competent jurisdiction.

10. bandit429

bandit429 Thread Starter

WOW! Thanks Candy!

11. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Wish I could help, Bandit. If I had a philanthropist's bank account, I would.

I wouldn't have even read past the first post in this thread, except I could see that you are a regular here and I can also see that you spend most of your time in TSG helping other people with their problems.

I wish your friend a speedy recovery.

LAN

12. bandit429

bandit429 Thread Starter

Thanks Lan, Thats nice of you. I think Candy has got it.

13. bandit429

bandit429 Thread Starter

I would like you all to know I was asking for advice,,,,nothing more. I know I dont give details like I should,,,I wouldnt even ask if I didnt think that this person was deserving,,,,you can email her an meet her,,,,see for yourself. Send me a Pm I'll give you the address. 43 is a young age to be crippled when you dont have to be. She was an RN and has worked very hard through life to raise her kids right,,,,a deserving person of that I have no doubt. All of your replys and reading is greatly appreciated,,,,I probably bit off more than I can chew,,,,,but I wanted to ask. And dont shy away from me if you can't help,,,,,I would really feel bad about that. Thanks you all!

14. ~Candy~

Closing thread upon request from bandit.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!