1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

a place for instant help

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by wallshaker1, Feb 12, 2005.

1. wallshaker1

wallshaker1 Thread Starter

hello all, i am wondering if anyone knows of a place (other than mirc) where someone can go and chat with each other to get help with computer problems or just chat about whatever comes to mind. i truly appreciate all the help i have found here and believe this is the best forum on the net to go for help but sometimes i get frustrated posting and then waiting and wondering if anyone will answer my post. it seems better to me to be able to ask someone about something and then get an answer right then or get told i can't be help or just to get lost cause they are too busy swapping stories. i don't trust going on mirc because i have heard that just being on there makes one vunerable to those with less than honorable intentions. anyway i am looking for such a place to supplement all the help i am getting here and would like to know if anyone knows of such a site. if not maybe someone from here who knows computers inside and out would like to make a chat room for help. i know everybody and their brother would pop in "needing help right then" but if enough people with computer skills were in the room everyone would eventually get what they needed or be pointed here to read up on what their problem is. ok, i'm starting to ramble so i'll just stop here...luvs ya'll...shaker

2. wallshaker1

wallshaker1 Thread Starter

3. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

Hi wallshaker :)

I sympathize with you, but am not sure that a place like you describe can happen here. We have users and helpers from all over the world, on different time zones. This would make it difficult to connect at times convenient for both helpee and helper. ;) :D

If you have the time, get to know the experts, by reading their posts (and seeing how many problems they solve) and take note of the ones that come to the Random section of the forum. Quite a few do, to relax and have fun, in between "working" the Tech side of the forum.
    Spend some time here, and have some fun, yourself (y)

Because everyone here are volunteers and do this fine work out of the goodness of their hearts and depending on how much "spare time" they have in their real lives, you usually do have to wait some time for answers to your problems.
    When I have a problem (and I do have 'em ;) ), I patiently wait until my question(s) have drifted to the bottom of the page...or moved to the next page, before "bumping" it to the top again. Such is the way it goes, here, and I am pretty content with that. :)

Peace

Carolyn

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice