A Printer Issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

starship_fl

I’ve replaced my Canon BJC-3000 printer. It has found a new home, USB connected, to an Acer 2300 Travelmate.

The laptop recognized the printer and it prints well.

There is no software installed and that may be a problem.

The software is for Win95/Win98/NT 4.0. The laptop is WinXP-home.

As stated, the printer works but I’m unable to figure out how to do any maintenance or make any adjustments.

XP must have had some sort of driver pre-installed for this printer. If I run the CD that came with the printer I’m afraid it may screw things up. It may try to install drivers that are older than what I have. That may mess up the registry, right?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

go to the manufactureres website and download the drivers for that OS. to view the properties of your printer go to "start" scroll up to setting and select printers. right click on the new printer and select properties, in there you can configure you printer or do a test page, whatever you want to do.

starship_fl

Thanks for the help, JD.

I'm glad I have all that without the software but it didn't help solve my problem.

Exactly-- the printer is cutting off the right side of pages and not fitting all of the screen on one page.

I had that problem before. Never did figure it out.

Again, thanks for the help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online