A problem even I can't solve..please help :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vi3tlyfe

Okay, there's this game called .hack//chat that I haven't played for so long. It's just a like a chat room but with sprites and its flash based..I think. I just got vista and now I can't change my sprite's avatar because the extension of the avatar file is very rare. Before when i was on XP, I would just click on the file and it would upload onto the flash game screen..now when i do it I get an error about the 'Set Association' thing. I went to my control panel and set the extension to open up in Internet explorer..but I still keep getting the error message.
the file's extension is .mgt
I really want to play this again, i'm willing to try anything..so please help.
Thanks. :)

This might seem like a stupid question, but have you installed Flash for IE? If not, do so and it should work. Also, have you tried it in Firefox yet or is that what you tried first? If not, try it in FF and again, you'll need to d/l Flash for FF as well.

Here's the link for Flash for FF: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/down...Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=Win32
Here it is for IE: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/down...ash&P2_Platform=Win32&P3_Browser_Version=MSIE

For the IE Flash install, make sure you uncheck the box for Google Toolbar if you don't want it installed. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to suggest because you've already changed the file association for it and that didn't work. Try changing it again for Firefox if after you've installed Flash.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts