1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A problem every time I start up "error Infomation not found" Exactly how its writen!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Ngkill, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ngkill

Ngkill Thread Starter

Whenever I start up I always get that problem. I have Registry Mechanic and whenever I scan for errors and whatnot I get this msg every time "Infomation not found". I asked around but nobody seems to know what the deal is.

Here's what it says (I have a picture)

http://img827.imageshack.us/i/pic3hj.jpg/

I click repair but it still happens every restart. Today I tried to reinstall Windows Vista but I got an error msg saying "Error code: 0x80070241.

I have no idea what to do, I don't have money to buy a new laptop so I'm stuck. Any help is appreciated.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

start type msconfig enter

go to start up disable evrything except your anti spy re boot

then

start type sfc /scannow enter wait for it to finish

3. Ngkill

Ngkill Thread Starter

And then what do I do? Restart? Or do I go and change all my startup?

4. daz1

daz1 Banned

no just leave it, you will probably get others say do not use reg cleaners as is not advised, the only start up programme you need is your av

try what i suggested post back when done

5. Ngkill

Ngkill Thread Starter

Yeah it worked. Thanks a lot. I'm curious if I can reinstall Windows Vista without that problem happening again Or do I keep looking for a solution to the Error code: 0x80070241

6. daz1

daz1 Banned

go to windows update and get fully updated , vista/7 do not need to be reinstalled as often as xp did, you can continually check with the sfc /scannow to ensure all intact

i would suggest you do a scan on your C drive ..... C drive right click it properties tools error check tick both boxes re boot it will take an hour or so , suggest you do this twice

7. Ngkill

Ngkill Thread Starter

I just wanted to format my laptop and reinstall vista. I figured it would get rid of all the problems by doing so.

8. daz1

daz1 Banned

if only !!! if all ok then leave it

do housework on it

de frag, updates,anti spy,disc clean etc etc the error code you refer to may be due to it not being updated

9. daz1

daz1 Banned

you need to do the check disk anyhow before you try to reinstall

10. Ngkill

Ngkill Thread Starter

You're right. Thank you very much! You've been really helpful!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice