A problem every time I start up "error Infomation not found" Exactly how its writen!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ngkill

Whenever I start up I always get that problem. I have Registry Mechanic and whenever I scan for errors and whatnot I get this msg every time "Infomation not found". I asked around but nobody seems to know what the deal is.

Here's what it says (I have a picture)

http://img827.imageshack.us/i/pic3hj.jpg/

I click repair but it still happens every restart. Today I tried to reinstall Windows Vista but I got an error msg saying "Error code: 0x80070241.

I have no idea what to do, I don't have money to buy a new laptop so I'm stuck. Any help is appreciated.

daz1

Banned
start type msconfig enter

go to start up disable evrything except your anti spy re boot

then

start type sfc /scannow enter wait for it to finish

Ngkill

And then what do I do? Restart? Or do I go and change all my startup?

daz1

Banned
no just leave it, you will probably get others say do not use reg cleaners as is not advised, the only start up programme you need is your av

try what i suggested post back when done

Ngkill

Yeah it worked. Thanks a lot. I'm curious if I can reinstall Windows Vista without that problem happening again Or do I keep looking for a solution to the Error code: 0x80070241

daz1

Banned
go to windows update and get fully updated , vista/7 do not need to be reinstalled as often as xp did, you can continually check with the sfc /scannow to ensure all intact

i would suggest you do a scan on your C drive ..... C drive right click it properties tools error check tick both boxes re boot it will take an hour or so , suggest you do this twice

Ngkill

I just wanted to format my laptop and reinstall vista. I figured it would get rid of all the problems by doing so.

daz1

Banned
if only !!! if all ok then leave it

do housework on it

de frag, updates,anti spy,disc clean etc etc the error code you refer to may be due to it not being updated

daz1

Banned
you need to do the check disk anyhow before you try to reinstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online