1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

a problem with searching - WOW

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by EagleClaw92, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleClaw92

EagleClaw92 Thread Starter

I just put WOW in caps because I can see the work I have ahead of me is going to be big time - time consuming. I put this under software because I do think this question applies to that, although I know I'm going to be posting questions under Windows 7 in the future - & probably lots of them.

Maybe a few of u might recognize me. I'm the guy who mentioned that I would soon be using a much newer computer than I had been. The older one still had Windows XP Pro as the OS (which I'm sure u folks know wasn't being supported by Microsoft anymore for over a year).

The computer itself was also old, although I was told it was a good computer in its day (whenever I mention computer I'm referring to a desktop).

And as a reminder, I'm still a computer novice compared to you folks, I'm sure light years behind many/most of you.

Well, the change has been made. Someone brought the much newer computer over & switched the old one to the new one (I think the new one is about 3 years old & I'm not sure if it has ever even been used before.)

I believe that the files that were transferred from the old to the new were done with a tool I saw called something like "File Transfer Tool" & I saw it had a trademarked name called "The Tornado, or just Tornado" which obviously was the companies way of saying their product was fast at this.

I did not know the person who did the change-over, but they basically just changed it asking I think the fewest questions they had to. I didn't have to pay anything for the computer or the transfer of the old to the new - so I can't complain about that. But there are so many things that are different (such as the OS), & many things weren't or couldn't be transferred over. And there are so many things different or things I've never seen.

Also, I have seen that there are at least a couple of things they did that weren't done the way I would have wanted that are important. In a previous post I mentioned a 4-1 I might buy (fax, scan, copy, print). I did buy that at the Micro-Center that is very close to me & that is hooked up also.

I'm basically saying I have a lot of work in front of me to feel comfortable on this one like I was with the older one that I had for years.

Sorry about the long intro to my question. I like using Google as my search engine. I had 2 monitors with my older computer & also 2 on this one. I'm looking at the Google page on my other monitor right now.

Everybody knows the area where you type in what you're looking for at Google. But now as soon as I type in the 1st letter, it jumps to an area right under the address bar for me to finish typing in the info - & then I can click on the search icon or hit enter.

But I don't want it to jump up there. I want it to stay where it is supposed to. I'm guessing this is an easy fix, but I'm still the novice.

THANKS TO ANYBODY WHO HAD THE PATIENCE TO READ THIS THROUGH & REPLY

I will be needing a lot of help in the future figuring all these changes out & I will try to make my questions brief.

2. joe957

joe957

Jumps for me also. I believe it is by design. I have learned to live with it. Maybe you can also.

3. donetao

donetao Banned

Jumps for me also. If there is a option to change that, I haven't found it!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149340

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice