1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

a problem with using telnet on xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by starfox7228, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfox7228

starfox7228 Thread Starter

well im running xp and when i use tellnet and connect to something ,anything that is,
    ill connect but there are 2 scenarioes that happen

1. it'll connect and cmd prompt screen will go blank and when i type the blinking underscore moves but no letters no message but the tittle changes to something like
    "telnet 193.89.345.2"

2.i connect jus the same but the words that were tthere stay there and it starts writting at the top like it should but no messages show up

in both scenarioes randomly and rarely it go like that then the message that should show up does and it starts working but ussually not

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What telnet program are you using? Where are you trying to telnet to?

Mpre than likely it is a setting that is not right in the program. Re-check all of the settings and try again.

3. starfox7228

starfox7228 Thread Starter

default telnet im going threw tutorials with a server set up for that and tryin to see if i can check my email just some expirimenting the default one that comes with windows xp's dos prompt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/474863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice