1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A prone to overheating?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Valkyra, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Valkyra

Valkyra Thread Starter

Help me people!
    I have a Fujitsu siemens amilo pa 1538 notebook, and i have it for a year and in the past three months it started to overheat and shut down... i read dozens of articles and most of them say that this notebook is a prone to overheating?
    How to solve this problem?

The GPU temp rises over 90C :( :( :(
    oh yeah, i play games a lot XD

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

3. Valkyra

Valkyra Thread Starter

it might be a bit of a silly question, but can i clean them myself, and if i can, how? :confused:

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Laptops run hot in general because there just isn't as much physical space inside for air to circulate, and there's generally only one fan. Gaming will cause any laptop to run hotter since the processor and GPU are more heavily used.

5. CDATech

CDATech

You could purchase some canned air at a local Staples or Officemax and then use that to blow out the vents/fan on the laptop. I would recommend you turn the laptop off completely before blowing out any vents/fans.

6. jamesx121

jamesx121

if this doesnt work---depending on how much you paid for the laptop check around
    to various places that work on computers and see how much they want to do a service
    on your laptop.
    do you still have any warranty with your laptop? if so were you bought it will tell you who is a certified
    service provider with your machine. your machine might be chock full of dust and cat or
    dog hair if you have pets. or CPU fan motor might be toast.
    if you paid a lot for your machine and canned air doesnt do the job--
    it would be worth it to pay a shop 50 to 100 for a service.
    laptop techs here on the forum can give you a better idea of what it would cost.

7. Valkyra

Valkyra Thread Starter

i took my notebook for a checkup cause after i bought the cooling pad, the temperatures did decrease a little, but still, they were too high.... i paid quite a lot for the checkup (eventhough i have warranty) - it was round 180$ .... :S *cries*

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/710448

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice