a question about a laptop cd-rom....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

axis77

does any one know what the middle piece is called inside a laptop/notebook's cdrom tray, the small round piece that holds your cd in place, the part that you stick your cd on?, I need one. with out this piece your cds would just spin all over the place in your cdrom

axis77

i found some calling it a center pivot? your cd would click once you put the cd on this? how do I find one of these? I dont know if they are all generic and work with eachother or if they are propietary to the brand...

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's the hub. They're not all the same, but I suspect that there is some commonality. I'd look for an old dead laptop and see if the parts match.

axis77

JohnWill said:
It's the hub. They're not all the same, but I suspect that there is some commonality. I'd look for an old dead laptop and see if the parts match.
thats what I was thinking too...thanks for the response.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online