1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Question About LOGITECH QUICKCAM EXPRESS Webcam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flavallee, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    I have this webcam installed in both of the desktops that you see listed in my signature below.

The Compaq Presario 5900T has an ATI Radeon 7000 video card with 64 MB of video memory.

The Computers Plus has a Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 video card with 32 MB of video memory.

The webcam seems to work fine in the desktop with the ATI video card, but it'll freeze up after about 5 minutes and cause an automatic reboot in the desktop with the Nvidia video card.

As long as I leave the webcam turned off, there isn't a problem. Is the cause of the freezeup and reboot because of the Nvidia video card, or is there some other problem involved?

I'm considering installing an ATI Radeon 9200 video card with 128 MB of video memory because I seem to have better luck with ATI, and CompUSA has it on sale for $80.00.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice