1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A question about Nero...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Rammie, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rammie

Rammie Thread Starter

I have a question.. when I am burning a DVD Nero gets almost to the end and then gives a message that says something like.. "can not perform end at disc at once." and it says that the burn has failed.. if anyone has any ideas as to the solution I'd appreciate it.

You can also e-mail any response to me if you wish

Attached Files:

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    I'not 100% certain about this but if I'm not mistaken some recorders don't support "Disc At Once" mode. Try not using Disc At Once mode and see what happens. I believe you should see a setting under Preferences.

3. Rammie

Rammie Thread Starter

I appreciate the thought but that didn't work.. It won't let me change the disc at once option in nero. It's greyed out (sorry if the spelling is incorrect) :confused:

Anyone else have thoughts on this.. I thought nero would be the best to burn DVDs

Attached Files:

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Have you tried different make blank DVD's ?. I've heard of alot of problems with the quality of blank DVD's going around..

BTW, are you using DVD R's or DVD RW's ??

5. Rammie

Rammie Thread Starter

I think I am using the proper ones.. I am using Memorex DVD-R which I am told was quite good.

Any ideas though are welcome .. maybe it's burner.. anyone have any thoughts on firmware updates...???

How can I find out what "firmware" is currently on my burner?

6. Rammie

Rammie Thread Starter

Since I don't have another file to put on DVD but just to keep anyone up to date that is interested..

I changed the burn speed to 2 and updated the firmware and actually managed to burn a DVD from an AVI file.

If I ever get another AVI to burn I'll let you folks know (y)

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice