1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Question About PC Wizard 2004(1.632)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by flavallee, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    AT the suggestion of a member in this forum, I installed PC Wizard 2004(1.632) in my Compaq Presario 5030 and Compaq Presario 5900T desktops. I found it to be similar to Everest Home Edition 2.00, but it provides more information.

Upon clicking the "Processor" link in the 5900T, it showed the processor fan as running at 663 RPM and the processor temperature at 108 degrees Centigrade. The processor is an Intel Pentium III 733 MHz and does have a fan mounted over it. Is this pretty much of a normal fan speed and processor temperature, and how does this program obtain these measurements?

No fan or temperature information was given for the 5030. It has an Intel Pentium II 300 MHz processor and has no fan mounted over it.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

That fan speed looks slow (mine reads 5112 rpm and about the same in BIOS monitor), and the temp is very high, almost certainly incorrect. I have my machine set to automatically shut down at 60 degrees C.

There are options within the program to configure MBM (MotherboardMonitor) if you have it installed. Otherwise, I think the program obtains its info from the Winbond chip. But PCWiz also loads its own drivers and a vxd in the case of 9x.

There is a pretty exhaustive list of chipsets and mainboards that the program explicitly supports at the site.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    This desktop is about 5 years old and has a VIA Apollo Pro 133A VT82C694X chipset. My guess is that the chipset either is not supported or PC Wizard is reading the information incorrectly. 108 degrees Centigrade seemed pretty high to me too.

Other than that, the program does provide a relatively detailed list of information on this computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice