A Question About The C:\WINDOWS\VCM Folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I was browsing through the 2,208 DLL files in my Windows 98SE desktop today and noticed that numerous DLL files in the C:\WINDOW\VCM folder have older version numbers and older dates than most of the identically-named DLL files in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder and certain other folders. Would deleting the DLL files from this folder and saving them in a backup folder do any harm? I'm trying to trim down the number of DLL files and get rid of any useless ones.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Thanks, Beefy. The VCM article was interesting. Hopefully, I haven't already done something that I shouldn't have.

It appears to be a nice site, but it apparently hasn't been updated in about a year and a half.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online