A Question About The Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
After downloading and installing this tool from the Windows updates site, I could not find anywhere in the Start menu where it could be manually activated and run.

I did a "search" for MRT.EXE and MRT.LOG and was only able to find the log file. This is its contents:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v1.0, January 2005
Started On Wed Jan 12 06:12:15 2005

Removal Tool Results:
No infection found.

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Wed Jan 12 06:12:18 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------

Does the MRT.EXE file automatically delete itself after it runs?

Had the same, found it in a directory on C:\...38465374920233...or something or another like that. You can run the executable from there.
Mind you, just had a look and it's gone!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That makes me wonder even more if the MRT.EXE file deletes itself after being installed and run? :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online