A Question About Video Card Upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I was given a 6-year old Gateway 500S desktop about a year ago that has an Intel 82845G integrated graphics controller with 64 MB of video memory.

It has an Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz processor and 2,048 MB of PC-2700 SDRAM and Windows XP SP3 and Roadrunner 20 Mbps cable.

It runs fine for what I use it for, but I've been considering upgrading its graphics with an ATI Radeon 7500 AGP video card with 128 MB of video memory. It's sitting in my computer parts box and was used briefly in an old HP Pavilion desktop.

Would the upgrade be worthwhile, as far as increasing graphic performance and overall performance in general?

----------------------------------------------------------

If it has the AGP on the motherboard I would imagine it wouldn't hurt anything. Try it - If you don't like it pull it out again. Jazz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts