A question for UK members

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TOGG

Has anybody done business with Morgans, the company that deals in second hand computers and peripherals?

My daughter is at University and it would help her if she had a laptop with a floppy drive so that she can transfer her work to the university system.

Lack of funds (hers and mine!) rule out a new one, even if they still had floppies.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Yes. I found them to be expensive and not at all helpful. I get their flyer through the post.
Try www.notebooks.uk.com . Although the web page is not yet complete, they will send you a 'catalogue' of what they have in stock. You can also meet them if you go to the Computer Fayre at the Motor Cycle Museum (every Saturday).
Talk to me, I am just up the road at Tamworth, and do a lot with Laptops.

TOGG

Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll get details from notebooks.com and see if they have any likely candidates. If they have, I may take up your offer and PM you with any questions.

I had also better check with my daughter to see if her university's system accepts data on CD R/W, just in case we can't find a floppy equipped laptop.

I haven't actually been to the Motorcycle museum yet but certainly would like to see how it's going after that fire. I assume that 'ye olde computer fayre' is full of people trying not to look like Trading Standards Officers, checking out the copies of XP on sale for £10!!

michael,

I appreciate your taking the time to respond but I'm afraid even the cheapest new laptop will be beyond my daughter's budget.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
I haven't actually been to the Motorcycle museum yet but certainly would like to see how it's going after that fire. I assume that 'ye olde computer fayre' is full of people trying not to look like Trading Standards Officers, checking out the copies of XP on sale for £10!!
They've got a huge temporary building there at the moment - which I think may well stay. It is extremely popular and worth a visit even if you aren't buying anything. The variety of stuff is huge, and usually as cheap, if not cheaper than mail order. Most of the companies there are 'proper' companies anyway.

TOGG

Sorry Dave.

You'll have to excuse my feeble attempt at humour. I have no doubt that the traders at the fayre are as trustworthy as any engaged in this or any other business.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
No need to apologise, I realised what you were saying. My sense of humour is such that it often gets me into deep sh~#.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online