A question regarding the popup windows that popup while using this site

Tron

Hi folks, when I'm scrolling the messages on this forum a popup window appears with the contents of the post that I'm hovering over, my question is how do I lengthen the period that the window stays open as sometimes I'm not quick enough to read the whole popup? :confused:

Not sure if you could do that, but the server these forums are on must be a good one cause the pages load in some of the fastest times I have ever seen in a busy forum like this, so just click on the post to see the whole text if your curious. Plus I'm on a 56k modem so I know all about slow page loading times. Really I think the pop up text is more of a novelty than anything else.

Hotbar Spyware from techguy banner !! :mad:

Trying to install "free smiley in your email" is giving me a warning about hotbar spyware from my spywareguard?
Why is that , and can I rely at techguy forum throwing spyware at me?

Hello Danny. Always be afraid of "free" stuff wherever you see it, including the advertisers displayed on this site. Free screen savers---smileys---even anti spyware programs. They are advertisers ---not the good folks that are here to help.
If you get advice from the technical forums that something is safe--and advised that it is, it would be safe. If its a advertisement.....I would always be wary....wherever you find it. >f

I have tried to make one of the techguy staff to answer the question-

How can you accept spyware in the banner commercials, I really don´t understand it to be possible when running a High internet security support site?

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Here is where the discussion is taking place on this issue. I've merged your thread. Please read the instructions Mike has posted on notification to him.

Dannyboyd said:
Hotbar Spyware from techguy banner !! :mad:

Trying to install "free smiley in your email" is giving me a warning about hotbar spyware from my spywareguard?
Why is that , and can I rely at techguy forum throwing spyware at me?
Here is a thread wher Mike (TechGuy) responded to a similar issue:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=265665&page=1&pp=15

This site, like most others of it's kind, is supported by advertisers and donations. I assure you that if there are questionable AD's being desplayed, Mike is unaware of it. If you see any that are bad let Mike know.

See his two posts here from that thread:

TechGuy said:
FYI, those aren't pop-ups... like so many ads on the Internet now, they're just designed to look like it (which I certainly don't agree with, but that's another matter). Anyway, I've been looking for this one for a few page loads now and haven't seen it yet. As soon as I find out which of our advertising agencies are sending it, I'll drop a request for them to remove it. We can't do that to every ad, obviously, but this one does seem a little extreme.
TechGuy said:
FYI, I still haven't seen this one, but it was easily found listed in my BurstMedia site. I removed them from the rotation, but it may take a little while for that to take effect. Their campaign was scheduled to end on 8/31, though, so they may start another campaign next month. Just let me know if you see it again: [email protected]

Thanks.

Let him know as much detail as you can about the hotbar AD.

buck52

Banned
Howdy

My guess is that Tron is asking about the pesky mouseover bubbles when browsing...

don't know if the time can be lengthened or not...that would be a question for Techguy (Mike)

buck

Attachments

I've found that, if I move my mouse slowly left or right once the thread preview appears, it stays visible as long as I'm over the highlighted title...

It's kind of a pain I guess, but I don't really even think about it anymore.

Tron

Hi folks... yeah I was just wondering if I could extend the time that the "bubble remains on view that was all. thanks.

I don't think so, Tron, but if you just move the mouse pointer over the highlighted area (as K-Man described) a tiny bit in any direction, it displays it again and again for as long as you keep moving it.

Carolyn :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online