a quick question about which disc to use

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Redribbon

I am in the process of making a DVD of our summer holiday, our camcorder is a new one we bought a Sony HDR-CX130E. The manual says the discs that can be used are DVD-R and DVD+R. The DVDs I have already at home from previous disc burning is DVD-RW. Is that the same thing? Would it be OK to use them? What's the difference?

leroys1000

Banned
If it doesn't list DVD-RW as compatable,they probably
aren't going to work or wont work properly.
DVD-RW disks are erasable.
-R and +R disks are not erasable.
I have had the best compatability with DVD players
by using DVD+R disks,but that also depends on the
format the camcorder is recording the video in.

use only what the manual lists if you are burning say from the camera hard drive to the disk inside the camera, if it is in the computer, youll need to use the discs appropriate for the computer, you can find this out usually by going to the properties of your disk drive. If the computer was made in the last few (about 3) years, it will likely work with anything round and plastic. Dont use RW unless you dont want them to last long, thats just a monumental waste of money and risk of the disk being erased. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online