1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

a rather rare problem about my iternet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by G-Master, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. G-Master

G-Master Thread Starter

Now i have a problem that is:
    i HAVE(that means i can download and use torrent) internet BUT the problem is i cant open some pages and instead i either get a godaddy.com or dropped.pl redirects to SERVER NOT FOND.
    superantispyware
    spybot S&D
    AD-Aware
    Kaspersky 2008
    etc.
    show that i DO NOT HAVE ANY HIJACKS.
    this has been tried with IE6,7,8, Firefox 2.0,3.0, Opera explorer
    and all get EXACTLY the same behavior
    but the most interesting thing is that when i need to open secure. sites i get that the license is not of that secure. (if i allow exception i get the above redirects) so i cannot open e-mail or log in into particular secure. forums. also you would say that the router or has problems but no, coz 1 month before ( and i have 2 years using this without problems of this kind) it was working perfectly. the other thing is that it wont allow me to open in the net games like World of Worcraft, Halo net play, and stuff. but i can search with google or open worthless crap sites without problem.
    and here's the other fun fact sometimes i am able to open also the stuff i couldnt open above but then the problem persists again.

to the ppl saying OMFG WOOT IS THIZ, please i need help since its really frustrating.

and i suspect that the internet provider is behind this limitating my internet or stuff (proxy doesnt work also), but i want someone to confirm this this to me

once again please help.

2. dissimo

dissimo

I have been having the same exact problems on my comp. I disabled all pluggins and tried both Firefox and IE and the same thing occurs; I'm redirected to either dropped.pl or godaddy.com, or this simple txt page that tells me "this wepage is hosted for free by blah...blah...blah...; click here to get your free website..." (maybe not in those exact words).
    I'm using S&D Spybot and Norton Antivirus, and they've never shown any threats from viruses or hacks.
    I too have arrived to the conclusion that it is my ISP that's being hacked, not my comp.
    I'm interested, who is your ISP provider, and what country??
    I'm in Tirana, Albania. ISP is AOL

Cheers

3. s.haulk

s.haulk

You two should browse your add/remove program list. Sometimes adware gets put in there and the scanners won't find them because they seem legit.

4. G-Master

G-Master Thread Starter

I am in Tirana too AAND my isp is AOL too (albania online)
    the problem is that i have contacted with them but they say they havent put up any limitations and that will see to the problem.
    i would like someone who is an expert and see that this is our comp's fault or the ISP's fault

also there is nothing spyware/adwarelike in my add/remove programs.

5. dissimo

dissimo

That's funny G-Master!!! Seems to me that their servers have been hacked and they don't know how to fix it, or it's a scam and someone in their office is making money off it. I always have problems with my connection with them. I hear AbCom is the best; I have friends who use Abisnet and they haven't had any such problems and good connection speed too.

With the help of another forum I found a good fix. Been a couple of days now and haven't had any problems since. Here's what you do:
    Try changing the DNS Servers in Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections> Network Connections> (right click) Local Area Connection(or,if you have more than one, the one you're having problems with) > Preferences> TCP/IP > and change DNS servers to these two:

Hope this helps. Let me know.

6. G-Master

G-Master Thread Starter

it really helped thnx

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice