a "real" problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

somak_de

are there anybody who has used realplayer.i have used it for a long time
but sometimes ago suddenly it crushed and uninstalling and reinstalling has no effect
probably there is a conflict which could not be detected.

i have posted this problem in "the other software forum" of this site
some tried to help me but cant solve the problem.
what i found ridiculas is that the support website of the real is not at
all supportive and they did not bother to answer my questions
it is amazing for such a big corp to be like that.

now i wonder is there any alternative to real player for streaming audio
is there any software which can convert any of the *.rm and *.ram file to
known formats so that they can be opened in other players

i have loads of real player file and wonder if i could ever use them

i want to know the readers opinion on that issue.

somak_de

thanks for the input Ph0b0s54
i also use kazaa and actually wanted to know is there any alternative to real player for streaming audio

First of all, Kazaa loads your PC up with spyware.
Use KazaaLite instead.
There is a player that plays streaming realmedia content, I will have a look around for it.

E

Endemix

I love Kazaalite too. No spyware...great software! I personally despise Real Player. This is the one piece of software I could definitely live without. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

somak_de

it's great to now your views but the problem is that is there
any alternative to realplayer.
i did not find any.
i dont know why this format is used by every site when there is
no other way to play them with other player

best bet is too disable the realplayer quickstart taskbar icon, then open real player, and turn off all the automatic web statistic options, etc...under 'tools/preferences' in the realplayer interface. then try playing the files again.
but, if all of your RM files are causing trouble, there must be a corruption somewhere else, whether it's a change of codecs or drivers for hardware.
converting a lot of Rm files to another format takes a lot more time than a re-install of windows, IMHO.

I just hate realone in the first place. Even if you turn everything off, it still accesses the internet.

E

Endemix

I also hate realone. There are several things I hate: the interface, there are conflicts with memory (UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE TRAP), the uninstall is horrible, but most of all I hate how it tries and take over everything media related!

Count me in as another Real hater. It invades your computer with all kinds of junk and has been reported to also contain spyware, which I think was some time ago. I have emailed a lot of sites who have only Real Player as an option, telling them they should at least give people an alternative.

As mentioned in my recent thread in this forum "good media software", www.eo-video.com have a brilliant RealMedia converter (shareware). There's also a free app called TINRA which had some limitations.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online