1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Real Tough One. PnP error, VDI32.exe error and a QVE error. Help Please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ladyirish, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyirish

ladyirish Thread Starter

Just got a new computer and am trying to install my Philips Mini HiFi sytem. Contacted their support centre and they don't know what to do! The stereo system simply plugs into a usb port and plays your audio through their system. The only difference between the system it worked on a few days ago and now is that I am running Windows Professional x64.

The problem:

three things to install:

1. the Philips drivers. Philips support got me to download their drivers for Win XP.

When I install this the error rec'd is: "Install 2.15 setup. While installing drivers Plug and Play error detected. Please reboot and try again". I reboot and try again, same thing.

2. The program "Sound Agent" to run the show. When I install the Sound Agent program, the error rec'd is: "VDI32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

3. MusicMatch to channel the audio through to it. (Seems ok but tells me it's out of date - no biggie I can deal with that).

In Device Manager there is "Unknown Device" listed under System Devices shown to be not installed (the yellow exlamation mark through it). When I try to Update Driver it says, "Cannot Install this hardware. The hardware was not installed because the Wizard cannot find the necessary software".

Finally, whenever I reboot I get the error message: "The QVE bus driver is not detected. Reinstall the Qsound Virtual Audio Devices Bus Enumerator driver".

I have reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Win XP64. Reinstalled all the drivers, and all the updates from Microsoft.

Is my only option to ditch Win XP Pro x64 due to the fact the driver doesn't work with it?
    :(

2. norton850

norton850

Your link is not working, but many things don't have 64 bit drivers. Did the drivers say for XP or specifically for 64 bit?

3. ladyirish

ladyirish Thread Starter

Thanks for giving me the chance to clear that up. The drivers were for XP specifically, not 64.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/558179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice