1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A rlealy bad slplenig day!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Tuppence2, Sep 18, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

Hlleo tehre,

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it
    > deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the
    > olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and the lsat ltteer
    > is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you
    > can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae
    > we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a
    > wlohe.

Pneny.

(A little like my spelling on a bad day!! :) :p)

2. clskrk

clskrk

Did you ever look into "hukt on fonix?"

3. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

:D The only thing I'm hooked on is my little glass of ginger wine in the evenings!!

Penny.

4. hewee

hewee

He hee Penny :)
    I just got this from a friend in a email today.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

So who's rscheearch is it? :confused: :p

5. Gibble

Gibble

So you had a really bad sleeping day...what's your point ;)

6. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

:D Not enough e's for sleeping, Gibble!!

A friend, who is very clever mathematically, is a poor speller. I am not good at maths but can spell - all the reading I did as a child, I expect.
    The words seep into your brain!

Don' know, hewee, it was passed to me by Katrina! :D This is how internet myths get started. :D

Bye,
    Penny.

7. hotskates

hotskates

Spell check doesn't always work. I e-mailed my boss and said I had a massage for him. He called me immediately which is weird for him.
    Only, it was a MESSAGE, not massage. I used spell check but it didn't correct my word because it spelled another word, eeekkk.

8. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Thread Starter

Hello,

:D hotskates - what a laugh! Your spell-checker had better learn to spell, quickly!

Penny.

9. hotskates

hotskates

Penny: You are so "write" ;)

10. Mulderator

Mulderator

Actually, I think she had a little too much of the Ginger wine! ;)

11. gws226

gws226

lol... I got the same email on 9/18...
    This seems to happen very often to me... (earlier this week I also got the billboard pics email about an hour before someone posted it)

Really makes you think how small this world really is sometimes....

12. RandyG

RandyG

and it has made it to Ireland now. My Mom passed it on to me on Sunday,and made sure to include some of my friends here.

and you wonder how virii get so prolific so fast!!!

13. altyfc

altyfc

Iltnsegnetiry I'm sdutynig tihs crsrootaivnel pnoheenmon at the Dptmnearet of Liuniigctss at Absytrytewh Uivsreitny and my exartrnairdoy doisiervecs waleoetderhlhy cndairotct the picsbeliud fdnngiis rrgdinaeg the rtlvaeie dfuictlify of ialtnstny ttalrisanng steennces. My rsceeerhars deplveeod a cnionevent ctnoiaptorn at hnasoa/tw.nartswdbvweos/utrtep:k./il taht dosnatterems that the hhpsteyios uuiqelny wrtaarns criieltidby if the aoussmpitn that the prreoecandpne of your wrods is not eendetxd is uueniqtolnabse. Aoilegpos for aidnoptg a cdocianorttry vwpiienot but, ttoheliacrley spkeaing, lgitehnneng the words can mnartafucue an iocnuurgons samenttet that is vlrtiauly isbpilechmoenrne.

Or, if you prefer...

Interestingly I'm studying this controversial phenomenon at the Department of Linguistics at Aberystwyth University and my extraordinary discoveries wholeheartedly contradict the publicised findings regarding the relative difficulty of instantly translating sentences. My researchers developed a convenient contraption at http://www.aardvarkbusiness.net/tool that demonstrates that the hypothesis uniquely warrants credibility if the assumption that the preponderance of your words is not extended is unquestionable. Apologies for adopting a contradictory viewpoint but, theoretically speaking, lengthening the words can manufacture an incongruous statement that is virtually incomprehensible. :)

14. RandyG

RandyG

Yep, altyfc, if you use dem big wurds, den most of us'ns, who is dumb stoopid, can't undertaind you at'all. Heck, the top paragraph made more sense!!:D

The basic premise, which is undeniable, is our brains scan over words that are familiar to us. However, using words that would not be as familiar would definitely throw the works out of kilter!;)

15. lora_3677

lora_3677

wow.... dem ar sum big wurds... LOL!!!!

Isn't it great how the internet has allowed us to lose intelligence by shortening already short words... such as LOL and BTW.. however if you go to a site tht has their own shortcuts... you have to build intelligence to figure them out...

and actually you don't even have to say 'i'm happy' when asked how you are... just :) ... says it all.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice