a serious issue plz help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dynamos

a folder on my external hard drive will not delete at all. it says " the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect". i have also entered the file an tried to delete the things inside but they say " cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk". It happen wen i used the file(temp folder) for emule. it is a virus i suppose but the folders say it has no bytes to them but wen i see the size of the whole folder it's 24.5 GB of space. can anyone help plzz

Have you tried to Format the drive?

Which should fix it, but make sure you save your data off of it before formatting it.

dynamos

i have alot of stuff on my 250gb drive. it's 2 much to backup anyone know of any solutions or programs to fix it. there must be 1

Is the actual file name: file(temp folder) ?

If it is the special characters may be causing the problem. To delete it go to a command prompt, and type: DEL file?temp folder?

dynamos

wen i try an delete it in command prompt it says the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. it jus won't go

Try Running Check Disk first. My Computer .. right click on the drive .. tools .. ect.

Then if you still can't delete it open Hijackthis go to config .. misc tools .. delete a file on boot and select all the files in the offending folder.

Still won't delete? Use [email protected] (y)

Good Luck
Cowboy

dynamos

thnks i will check this program. wat is hijack this an how i get there or it plz?

Did you try to run 'chkdsk' on the drive? That may help (may not). Sounds like the file structure may be corrupt, is the drive NTFS? If that's the case, save what you can off the drive. You will have to format the drive to correct the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online