1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Simple Task

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by laurfar, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

I want to remove something from my start up list but I'm not used to the Window 7 that this laptop has. I have a Compaq Presario CQ60-420US Notebook PC. Can someone give me a clue as to where to find the start up list & then how to stop a program from running at startup. I just don't need the SuperAnti spyware to run until I need it, I don't think. Thank you for reading this post, and Happy Holidays.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Click the Start Orb, then Run, and type msconfig in the run box, then OK. In the msconfig window click the Startup tab, then un-check the box next to Super Antispyware, then OK.

If Run is not available, right click the Start Orb, then Properties. On the Start Menu tab click Customize. Put a check in the box next to Run Command, then click OK twice. Follow the instructions above for msconfig.

3. Firebreather

Firebreather

In Windows 7, click on the Start menu, enter msconfig in the search field > Now, click the Startup tab> Uncheck the items you do not want to launch on startup > When you have finished making your selections, click OK > restart your PC.

For more info, have a look here.

4. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

I knew it would be easy, just needed these simple directions. Thank you for your replies!

5. Firebreather

Firebreather

Glad your problem was solved. :)

6. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Basically the same way it is done in XP. Not sure what confuses you about Windows 7.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice