A Simple Task

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

laurfar

I want to remove something from my start up list but I'm not used to the Window 7 that this laptop has. I have a Compaq Presario CQ60-420US Notebook PC. Can someone give me a clue as to where to find the start up list & then how to stop a program from running at startup. I just don't need the SuperAnti spyware to run until I need it, I don't think. Thank you for reading this post, and Happy Holidays.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Click the Start Orb, then Run, and type msconfig in the run box, then OK. In the msconfig window click the Startup tab, then un-check the box next to Super Antispyware, then OK.

If Run is not available, right click the Start Orb, then Properties. On the Start Menu tab click Customize. Put a check in the box next to Run Command, then click OK twice. Follow the instructions above for msconfig.

In Windows 7, click on the Start menu, enter msconfig in the search field > Now, click the Startup tab> Uncheck the items you do not want to launch on startup > When you have finished making your selections, click OK > restart your PC.

For more info, have a look here.

laurfar

I knew it would be easy, just needed these simple directions. Thank you for your replies!

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Basically the same way it is done in XP. Not sure what confuses you about Windows 7.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts