1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Simple Windows XP Question?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jack1000, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Guys,

I may be working with Windows XP in the not too distant future. What is all of this that I am hearing about using CTRL+Alt+Delete to START your computer with XP? Can you just start by powering up your drive unit? Are there options to deactivate the CTRL+ALT+DELETE for booting up your computer. How would you restart your computer running XP if it locks up?

Thanks,

Jack

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Jack you don't need to do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE to boot up your computer. All you need to do is push the power button just like you do now. I've been using XP since it came out and it has never locked up on me but if it did all I would do is push the reset button. Once you start using it you'll wonder why you didn't ages ago.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

If you have a secure NT based system - and most companies will, one of the things that will happen is that the system will boot up to the log on screen. It then says press ctrl/alt/delete to Logon with your own ID. It should also drop back to this posititon if the screen saver kicks in. Under normal use, or if the system locks up, the ctrl/alt/delete combination brings up the Task Manager from where a restart is one of the possibilities.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice