A single verticle line in my laptop screen what can i do


Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Mar 9, 2009
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Usually you can replace the screen itself. There's usually no fix for this. If you gently, but firmly, squeeze above or below the area of the line, you will see it go away, or possibly change in some way. There is a loose connection, the equivalent of a cold solder joint, but the connection is not with solder.

There are specialty tools that can be bought/used to repair this, but the usage of them is specialized and beyond even most skilled technicians.
Jun 14, 2020
If it is a hardware issue, ie, not related to display drivers, I am afraid you will have to try your warranty or laptop company's techncian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online