1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A sleepy Kyocera 3750kx

Discussion in 'Networking' started by martinsmb, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martinsmb

martinsmb Thread Starter

Hi all Hope everyone is doing well :eek:)
    My query is with regards to a 3750kx printer which is networked in my office. This beast is worth a few Grand with extra paper trays which we have installed.
    The issue we are experiencing involves the printer going to sleep and not waking up (Even if we run an echo command to cancel sleep mode on the printer).
    IT then needs a turn off and on again for the document to be spooled and printed which is strange as used to work ok i believe but is old so fair enough right lol.

I called out a repair Tech and he tried to say was network problem on our side however I am pretty sure this isnt the case as why would it start printing after being turned off.
    The problem can not be pinned down to one part of the printer as the tech guy said could possibly be a faulty Main logic Board or Engine board based in UK cost of board and repair is £245 but doesnt garentee that fixing logic unit will cease the problem and could be engine board. A phat load of help that was really as im not willing to pay that for the printer to possibly not be fixed. Is there a ping command or a way around it so peeps dont have to turn on an off all the time.
    Thanks for listening to me babbbllee on failing a fix maybe a HP 1320 duplex may be good idea as close to repair fee and i know a new printer will work hehe :eek:)
    p.s will printing direct to printer make a difference as oposed to spooling im not too clued up about this im afraid
    I really apreciate your help if only for counselling :eek:)
    Have fun all

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

First off I would check powersave mode if its on disable it and see if the problem keeps happening. I notice alot of very OLD PC's with powersave enabled sometimes don't act the way they should anymore.

Second how is the printer hooked up to your network? Is it connected ot a PC and you guys do network print sharing? Is it hooked directly to a network via an internal card or is there a box its plugged into that then is hooked into an ethernet wire? Each of these can be points of failure on the printing side.

What I would do is determine the last item in the chains IP address and once it "goes to sleep" try pinging the IP of the device that is connected to it (either the computer the printer is connected to OR the print server box OR the internal print server) this will tell you if communications is at least getting as far as that last point.

If its a print to 1 computer that the printer is hooked up to scenario have you checked that PC's spool information?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice