1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved A specific type of wire i need to identify

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ICouldUseSomeHelp, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ICouldUseSomeHelp

ICouldUseSomeHelp Thread Starter

I am not sure if this is a question that belongs here but i dont know where else it would belong. So i was talking to a tech-smart guy about a type of wire i would need... basically what we have now is a y-splitter compatible and used with an ipad, and the splitter has two ends: on for a mic and one for headphones. for the specific thing that i want to do, he said that i would need a y-splitter but instead of an end for a mic and an end for headphones, i would need a y-splitter that both its ends (or three ends, but right now im guessing i really only should ask for two ends) have mics. i dont need an end for headphones, although if there is such a thing that has two mic ends and one headphone end i would like to search that up too. so what i would like to know is, what is the name of this type of "wire" and maybe where would i buy this thing?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. ICouldUseSomeHelp

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

That article tells you how to use USB mics at the same time.

5. ICouldUseSomeHelp

but these arent usb mics...

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Sorry, that's all I can find. Hopefully someone else will be along soon with some other ideas.

7. ICouldUseSomeHelp

gahhh alright thanks anyway

8. lynx1021

lynx1021

9. ICouldUseSomeHelp

yes yes yes so that is what i am looking for, however..... so that has an output for a mic and for headphones. can i find that same thing but instead have just two outputs for a mic and no headphones? hope this makes sense

10. ICouldUseSomeHelp

11. tecknurd

tecknurd

An TRRS to headphone and mic is not what you need. It can only handle one microphone which is an a condenser type. You will need a mixer console to handle two or more microphones.

12. lynx1021

lynx1021

Like Technurd said , you "need a mixer console to handle two or more microphones." I had a audio jack splitter on my wife's computer , one goes to headphones and the other to amplified speakers. With the headphones plugged in with the speakers it causes a drop in the speaker audio and slight tone change. This is because having both plugged in at the same time causes an impedance miss-match. I ended up getting an amplified speaker system with a headphone jack on it. Hooking two microphones on the same input would probably make them sound muffled or weird with out a mixer.

13. ICouldUseSomeHelp

ok so i know what i am going to do with the mics because i dont think i want to get a mixer
    thanks anyways guys

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice