1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Step Towards Quantum Computing: Entangling 10 Billion Particles

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by lotuseclat79, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Thread Starter

2. sepala

sepala

Wow!!! What is this ??????????

3. lotuseclat79

Hi sepala,

The future - heralding the advent of the Technological Singularity.

See: Singularity Hub.

For an example thrust toward the Singularity in terms of Artificial Intelligence, be sure to tune into the nightly Jeopardy TV show in mid-February (14-16th) when an IBM computer named Watson will take on past record holders of the game for a best of 3-game contest over three shows (I think).

-- Tom

4. sepala

sepala

WOWWWWWW!!!!!! This is about AI!! As a software engineering student, I think I can learn lots of things from you!!! I am sooooo Happyyy!!!!!!!!

5. lotuseclat79

Hi sepala,

Not specifically! Quantum computing will be able to crack just about any password, but AI has not been fully realized. There are current AI projects that are attempting to model the human brain, but that goal is a long way from being achieved as we know so little about how the brain works. Although we know a lot, we haven't conquered it!

Since partial results of test Jeopardy sessions have been published - we can probably expect the human players will get their patooties wiped by Watson in the to be aired shows in mid-February. Let's wait and see what happens.

Remember, Garry Kasparov lost one chess game to the IBM computer, Deep Blue, in 1996, but went on to recover and win the match with 3 wins, 2 draws and the sinle loss in game 1 of the match.

-- Tom

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice