1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Strange Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by The Cabbage, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The Cabbage

The Cabbage Thread Starter

So I woke up yesterday morning to find my internet not working. To make a long story short, it was ultimately fixed by getting a new ethernet card.

Now, however, my home network is not working (my internet connection is only working on my host computer). I cannot correct it because now whenever I click on "Set up a home or small office network" under Network Connections (Windows XP) the wizard won't run, which is the strange part. I've tried playing around trying to get it to work manually with some stuff I've read here (I'm an amateur, by the by) but no dice. Any way to get this wizard working or if not, is there anything else I can do to fix my network?

I've tried restarts and I've tried to "ping" a client computer. I've been able to ping it from my host to my client, but not from my client to my host. Evidently, the network is running but the clients do not have permission to do anything and to use the internet.

Any help would be much appreciated. And if you need more info, ask away. Thanks.

2. The Cabbage

Badum-bump.

Edit: Problem solved.

3. cynereo

cynereo

I have the same problem, how did you fix it? or if anyone knows how to fix this, much help is greatly appreciated.

4. The Cabbage

Well, after hours and hours of effort, posting on message boards, and talking to a professional on the phone, I couldn't actually fix it per se. I had to cheat it. I tried making one of the clients the host, and converted the former host to a client, and all went well. Hope that's an option for you. If not, you've got a long, bumpy road ahead of you, probably. :/

5. cynereo

cynereo

Hmmm...okay, this is not going to be fun. Thanks tho!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice