1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A strange spyware/popup in I.E

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Christoph, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Christoph

Christoph Thread Starter

I just noticed today that there's this strange search bar that shows up only when I enter random websites. It's called Lycos sidesearch, and it has this weird string of numbers and letters in the search bar, which can't be right clicked. I just used spybot on my computer and it cleaned out al that was found. What is this? Is it spyware or a popup? (considering that I know one of the websites I visited does NOT have popups.

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

3. Christoph

Christoph Thread Starter

I downloaded Spy Sweeper, did an entire scan of my computer, got rid of about 86 spyware and adware things, and the lycos one is STILL showing up. What can I do?

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

5. Christoph

Christoph Thread Starter

Well, not spysweeper is running 24/7, is that good enough?

6. Christoph

Christoph Thread Starter

I followed the instructions to the letter, even for another website with instructions on how to manually uninstall, and it STILL shows up when I enter the website:

http://www.ninten.com/f/index.php?

Not sure about anywhere else, but this site doesn't usually have popups or anything of that kind.

7. Christoph

Christoph Thread Starter

Anyone?

8. Christoph

Christoph Thread Starter

I found that it's no longer just that site. Can someone PLEASE help with this?!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272193

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice