a stupid question about Win2K

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chewbubba

I should know this, but...

All the computers at work have the same administrator password that our tech guards so tightly, that if he stuck it up his (well, you can guess), it would be a diamond in a couple of hours.

Is it possible (if I can convince him) for him to change my user priveledges to administrator of the machine I use, without giving me administrator rights on the network?

Basically, I want to install the stuff I need to do my job (I'm tired of waiting on him), and that would seem to satisfy his secrecy about the admin password as well.

Is my assumption correct?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts