1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Tracking Cookie has been detected by norton over and over again

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by zom510, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zom510

zom510 Thread Starter

hi, before i explain this, you should know that my house has 2 computers running on the same modem. bot of them have norton antivirus, and every time it runs a scan a "tracking cookie" is detected. i always press fix and it says it's fixed. but in the next day's virus scan it's there again. it's starting to conern me now that one of the computers has been replaced with a new one and this new one is showing that also. should this be a concern?

-edit
    i just saw that there was a virus forum right below this i guess this might be the wrong forum, sorry

2. zom510

zom510 Thread Starter

anyone???????

3. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Open IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, Advanced, click in the box "Override automatic cookie handling", First-party Cookies select Prompt, Third-party cookies select Block. When those cookies try to install click block.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/723149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice