1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A tree branch from home

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by tomoyoafter, Apr 9, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. tomoyoafter

tomoyoafter Thread Starter

an old friend is sending me a Canada Red Cherry tree branch from a particular place overseas we've had a lot of memory of, i was wondering what to use as a proper long term storage solution for the branch and the leafs, i don't plan on taking it out nor flaunting it all about on the streets i only want to keep it nice and clean in storage so i can look at it from time to time. are there any ways to maintain a clean and proper keeping of the branch?
    thank you so much for all the help

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Is it a branch or a clipping?

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

I wonder if it is enough to either graft onto a like tree, or be able to replant in some way?

-- Tom

4. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed

Hi tomoyoeafter. I hope you found out if it is legal to have this shipped to you. Spreading of disease in and among plant species is a no joke thing.
    That said, I would consider shadow box mounting the specimen. Pressing some of the leaves, and mounting them too, saving the seed, and mounting some of them too, drying one of the seedpods, and mounting that too. All in one shadowbox, kind of like a collage. Another idea is to get a photo of the tree, and mounting that, say in one of the corners of the box (I would edge burn the photo, and have a good background color to contrast the specimens, mounted). Also a handwritten description of the item, and maybe what it means to you (cursive writing if you are good at that, printing is OK ), Shellacking the items after they are dried a bit might be a good idea. The leaf presses will have to be fully dried, and if the seeds are fleshy covered, they should dry out really good too.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice