1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A tribute to those who served in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Blackmirror, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Blackmirror

Blackmirror Thread Starter

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yxU-FQnXTiU

Thinking of a very dear friend today :)

2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    BlackMirror, I salute your friend also. Two things:

1) I'm forty, and my dad served in Korea, but did have some uncles. Saying, Vietnam war was a bit indirect for me. Ten years ago, my wife and I went to Washington and saw the Vietnam memorial. I will never forget it. It was a cool evening, a little breeze, but otherwise, an ordinary evening. But the memorial brought to me the sons, daughters, and comrades that gave all. One man... staring at a name.... not sure where he was in Vietnam, but that wall took him there. I prayed he found some peace that night.

2) One of my students died in the helicopter accident in Afghanistan a few weeks back. Anyway, I went to the visitation, and there must have been forty veterans (in age from Vietnam era to in their 20's) directing traffic, helping out and stuff. But there were three....
    They had put up three flagpoles and had stationed themselves underneath it. I would surmise all three were late 40's/ early 50's. They just stood there; motionless. Nothing overly fancy or anything; just pure respect; pure honor. I was moved.

So for you, the other vets, and the ones that paid it all... thank you. If you ever come to my area.... drinks are on me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice