1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A variety of BSOD's

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by daniel_hb, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel_hb

daniel_hb Thread Starter

hey guys ive accumulated a large amount of BSOD's over some time and it is starting to bother me. My computer is 1 year old and contains these system specs:
    Code:
    System Manufacturer/Model Number:
    Asus
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
    CPU:
    Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHz
    Motherboard:
    ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS
    Memory:
    3584 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card:
    NVIDEA GeForce 9800 GT
    Sound Card:
    Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Monitor Display:
    Dell 1800FP (Digital)
    Hard Drives:
    Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0 
    Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF 
    I get BSOD's ranging from pfn list corrupt, memory management, bad pool header and others. Ive used windows performance manager and found that i have 1 plug and play device that isnt working properly and im not sure how to go about finding which plug and play device it is. I have had errors occur with programs that i use on the computer and sometimes a re-install will temporarily fix it but the errors will usually come back. I have a list of dumpfiles attached which im hoping someone will be able to work out. Ive tried consulting other forums in the past but they are slow to answer and sometimes dont answer at all. Im hoping this forum wont act the same way.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. w7pro

w7pro

You might want to consider doing a clean install of Windows 7. I know that some people think it's a bit on the extreme side, but barring the fact that you have to backup your data, it might be the best way to rule out serious hardware issues.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

3. daniel_hb

daniel_hb Thread Starter

may i ask how a re-install will fix this problem? i dont intend to be doubtful but I dont understand how this will fix it as i have already installed Windows 7 as this computed used to be Vista.

(wont the BSOD's just come back later if i do a re-install?)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice