A Very Irritating Mouse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Crusher09

Hi I hope this is in the right place.
My problem is with my mouse. Every second it flashes with the hour glass and for a second when its not on the pc freezes as if trying to load it back on.
It seems to only start when I go on the Internet. I'm connected to broadband via a wireless router and I'm using Windows ME if that makes a difference.
If anyone help me I would greatly appreciate it as it is very irritating.

blues_harp28

Hi..try going into control panel>system>device manager>click on mouse>properties>up-date drivers...

DoubleHelix

Banned
I doubt this has anything to do with your mouse hardware or drivers. There's likely something running in the background, and that's why you're seeing the hourglass and the computer is locking up. Are you running a firewall? Have you scanned for viruses and spyware?

Crusher09

Yea i've run spyware and virus scan before and its turned up nothing. I'll run another but I doubt it'll turn up anything. I'm not aware of any firewall running either.

DoubleHelix

Banned
If you're not running a firewall while connected through broadband, your computer is open to be hacked.

blues_harp28

Hi..press Ctrl-Alt-Delete..see what programs you have running in the background..
Let us know what they are,,,

blues_harp28

Hi..both your reply and mine have disappered
Explorer and System Tray should be showing in running programs...
You said you are missing System Tray in msconfig
Someone with experience of 98me registry will have to help you...

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Crusher09:

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - Startup(tab). Are the following listed there?

ScanRegistry (scanregw.exe)

SystemTray (SysTray.exe)

StateMgr (StateMgr.exe)

If they are, make sure there is a checkmark next to them. Once you're done, click Apply - OK, then reboot when prompted to. These 3 should ALWAYS be running in the background. If any of them are missing, let me know. It'll take a registry tweak to get them back.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Crusher09

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you I had sent the computer into the repair shop. It turns out microsoft was constantly looking for an update when connected to the internet and was diving the mouse crazy. Thanks for the help anyway.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts