A virus has ruined my Internet connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nintendo

Ok.
So let me give you the 4-1-1.

I can go on the internet fine. I can browse the web, go on aim, it's great.
PROBLEM :
My firewall will not let me play any online games.
The firewall I'm using is Norton I think, I don't know much so bare with me here.
When I try to enter an online game it says "Internet Connectivity Problem", yet, here I am on the internet!
My Norton Internet Security 2004 will not open. I cannot Ctrl Alt Delete. When I try to Ctrl, Alt, Delete, the menu opens, then immediatley closes itself. I cannot do anything. I have asked all my friends for help and they do no know what to do. I tried re-installing Norton but can not because of LiveUpdate and I can't turn that off because everything closes when I try to open it. I cannot delete Norton because it is write protected and is running. So I try to get firefox, I cannot access the website, I can not get Service Pack 2, it won't let me go to any sites that would let me try and fix it.

Can someone PLEASE help me with my computer. ;_;
I am going through videogame withdrawal here and it is not fun. =(

If someone could lead me step by step through the problem I would be SO appreciative. If you need more information on the problem PLEASE tell me.

Thanks for reading, and please help. =(

have you look on the norton web site,its got a pretty good help section,and they respond to emails,worth a try.

bearone2

Banned
you think the firewall is norton????
have you tried the help files for whatever firewall you have?

you'll need to configure the firewall because it's protecting you by blocking those sites.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online