Solved A Virus or Something...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rstoddard

Hello. Here is my computer's info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5887 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (781 GB Free); D: 12 GB (1 GB Free);
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Enabled and Updated

Symptoms: Very slow and freezes frequently requiring reboot. Some program appears to be trying to load, but never succeeds. Little circle keeps going around and around. Get the message sometimes saying that a script has stopped working; don't know if that's related or not.

Help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.:)

rstoddard

Hello. Here is my computer's info:

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (781 GB Free); D: 12 GB (1 GB Free);

Symptoms: Very slow and freezes frequently requiring reboot. Some program appears to be trying to load, but never succeeds. Little circle keeps going around and around. Get the message sometimes saying that a script has stopped working; don't know if that's related or not.

Help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.:)
Update: O.K., so now it's running fine???? My wife reminded me that this happened a few months ago, but--like now--it straightened itself out (seemingly). Maybe it should be checked any way?

rstoddard

Update: O.K., so now it's running fine???? My wife reminded me that this happened a few months ago, but--like now--it straightened itself out (seemingly). Maybe it should be checked any way?
Sorry for not keeping up with this. I was in the hospital for a bit. Nothing really serious. All better now. I would like to pursue this situation. I am still experiencing the problem on and off. Really slow with little circle going around and around. Since things may have been updated or changed, I am including my computer info again:
Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (779 GB Free); D: 12 GB (1 GB Free);

rstoddard

Found the problem. A corrupt version of a Java update. Uninstalled it and everything is fine.

Problem solved!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online