1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A way to use phone to record onto to laptop wirelessly?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Alex Ethridge, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I've done a lot of searching and haven't found an article or how-to on using my phone as the camera but have the video recorded onto a nearby laptop -- wirelessly and without a router. In other words, the phone will communicate with the laptop directly.

Ideally, I would want it recorded to both the phone and the laptop simultaneously, if that is possible.

I've never even made a video phone call so that should give an indication of my level of knowledge (about zero).

Is there a way to do this and if so, where can I find instructions on how to do it?

By the way, I have a Galaxy S6 Android phone and a Windows 10 laptop if that matters.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you want to buy buy buy more tech, I would invest in a big SD card for your phone and a SD card reader for your PC. Not too expensive nowadays.

3. Alex Ethridge

Thanks but I don't understand how one could think that reply is related to my question.

By the way, motorcycles don't have doors.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

The SD card will enable you to record long videos and store it onto the card. Most phones have a place to insert those.

Then the SD card reader for your laptop will enable you to transfer the video from the SD card onto the laptop.

You did not mention anything about motorcycles in your first post.

5. Alex Ethridge

This thread is not about storage space at all.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Why then are you seeking to record over wifi or bluetooth onto your laptop if storage space is not a concern?

7. Alex Ethridge

If you have info on how to do what I asked, please tell me or tell me where I can find info on how to do it.

Otherwise, I do not want to sidetrack the thread as that will most certainly happen.

8. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    As far as I know, it is NOT possible to record from your phone and have it saved directly to your lap top.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice