1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A weird problem...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Freakchris03, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Freakchris03

Freakchris03 Thread Starter

Okay i think i messed up my comp when i got a pop up stopper and deleted my internet cache...heres what happened sense i downloaded that thing...windows media player no longer works...when ever i click on a link at the bottom it shows on the status bar that says javascript:void(0) what the the heck does this mean and how can i fix all this? oh an also i have a im camra capion and it stoped working when ever i click to see someones camra...like it brings me to a white screen and doesnt load there camra...PLEASE HELP ME!

2. DVOM

DVOM

What popup stopper did you get? Some of them will stop links that use java.

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Go into the popup stopper and uncheck any options about blocking Javascript or scripted pop ups. It is probably blocking Javascript links that open in a new window.

4. Del

Del

What Operating System are you running?

5. Freakchris03

im running xp home edition..

6. Freakchris03

im running xp home edition..and i uninstalled that god forsaken thing and i donwloaded uhh popup cop..but its gone but i still cant get in anything..

7. Freakchris03

okay heres what i found out...i try to go to msn hotmail and it says my javascripting isnt on but its all enabled...but! nothing works...so im guessing those pop up stoppers that i had are still there blocking crap...but..i cant see em so how would i find em and delet them finally?

8. Del

Del

9. Freakchris03

yeah that deffently didnt work....it still isnt allowing javascripts

10. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

This is Javascript, unrelated to Java.
    Please tell us which Popup Stopper you have installed, and you can either uninstall it, or change its settings to allow javascript.

11. steamwiz

steamwiz

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice