1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A Win-Win situation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by philippus, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philippus

philippus Thread Starter

Hi, all

My computer is running Vista Home Premium as the main OS but is currently configured to Dual boot Vista along with Windows 7 Home Premium (I was giving Win7 a try and installed it on a separate 500GB drive)

Well, I liked Win7 about a million times more than Vista (duh) so I purchased a copy of Win7 Ultimate. My configuration is: Vista on the Primary disk with Windows 7 Home Premium on the second disk.

I would like to install my copy of Win 7 Ultimate on the disk that now has Vista on it, but I would like to keep (and be able to dual boot with) the installed version of Win7 HOME Premium where it is to use while I set up Win7 ULTIMATE the way I want it on the primary drive.

Confused yet? Basically what I would like to end up with is a dual boot with Win7 Ultimate on my primary drive and Win7 Home premium on the second drive (where it is now).

Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about it? I currently use Vista's boot manager, I assume ultimate would be able to perform this also...(BTW, both copies are licensed and legit, of course...)
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice