1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

a wndows 10 update messed up the apps & programs i use most

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Anjello, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Anjello

Anjello Thread Starter

this is like the 10th time over the past 6-7 years since getting windows 10 when it first came out that I have to fix my laptop settings so that the games and apps or programs I use the most will work correctly with my system sounds and playback. More specifically this time all the usual fixes are not working and it seems to be targeting the things I use most or I probably wouldn't care. This time what exactly is going is that the Microsoft media player wont play back thru my internal speakers because of the software updates and it doesn't matter is I use Microsoft high definition audio or Realtek high definition audio witch is what I always use since having this laptop and always works until these stupid updates. Funny thing is that if I plug in my pc speakers into a usb port the media player starts to work and then can access the music and plays it and movies too but it wont read music or movies with out the usb speakers plugged in what the hell is going on the same with one of the games I play it does the same thing NGD (Champions of Regnum). Just those 2 programs wont play on the internal sound system but every thing else does. The other problem is that the 2 other games I play most Asphalt 8 and Asphalt 9 from the micro soft app store both Xbox games wont play right. Asphalt 8 I have played for like 7 years and this is the 6th time this has happened it crashes right at startup how do I fix this and Asphalt 9 randomly crashes and wont sync the first check mark stays red but the next 2 check marks are green with the middle one continually syncing. How do I fix this. The most frustrating thing is that when I use Microsoft support and get the very end where a technition for Microsoft is about to make the changes and fix it for me they ask how am I going to make the payment and when I say I cant, they instantly disconnect and I don't get to even explain why should I pay for something that Microsoft caused to my laptop that's not my fault its theirs.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 5995 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1924 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 279 GB (32 GB Free); D: 14 GB (1 GB Free); E: 3 GB (3 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3672
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Well I will stand corrected but when you say
    I do not think it can be 6-7 years, as I thought Windows 10 was only released in July 2015

I regret to be the bearer of bad news, but the cold hard facts are these.
    The processor is a legacy product launched in 2011
    https://ark.intel.com/products/59570/Intel-Celeron-Processor-B800-2M-Cache-1_50-GHz

It is not considered compatible with Windows 10 either by Intel or Microsoft
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html

This should not be confused with the stated general requirements for processors on 10 listed by Microsoft = and by that I mean = 1GHz or faster processor

The integrated graphics are second generation - that means from the processor _ Sandy Bridge family
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/97498/Graphics-for-2nd-Generation-Intel-Processors
    They are not supported either.

I have little doubt that your problems are all caused by the attempt to run 10 - no doubt the latest build version on unsuitable hardware

Finally I appreciate your feelings
    but it is a little unfair to blame Microsoft.
    As I have explained your system is not compatible with what you are trying to do.

3. Anjello

Anjello Thread Starter

Sorry, true it has only been out for 4 years almost 5 if you are like me and got it a year earlier than every one else and have a free digital licsense for up to 10 devices for life for being one of the first 100 (if I remember correctly) to get it as testers I guess lol. Further more if it was not intended for my system you could of fooled me because it works great on my refurbished laptop I bought 8 years ago. I have replaced internal hardware with newer ones and been updating all software and drives since I bought it and switched from windows 7 witch was free with purchase of the laptop (lol yes I try to take advantage of free stuff when offered) and it is 4 times faster than it was and only messes up when certain window 10 updates are received. Witch causes me to spend from 1 day to 3 weeks of tweaking the settings internally or/and settings in windows 10 or/and windows features turned of and on settings and Microsoft services settings. I know sounds like to much of a pain in the ass but I have been surfing the web and playing games and listening to music and watching movies this whole time for free by just learning the hard way how to manipulate the computer and programs and apps to work with this ancient (by technology standards) laptop lololol.

4. Macboatmaster

Good luck with it
    If you reply please just type your reply in the box that appears, not by clicking reply on the last post. That as you can see quotes back all that has been posted

I feel sure with your experience you will sort it out.
    It will either be a question of a `repair`
    install of windows from the mounted ISO - in windows
    OR a clean install

5. Anjello

Anjello Thread Starter

Yes I noticed after I hit send reply that it was all the responses for that thread got sent as one reply sorry wont happen again lol. I was wondering why it let me type in one of the responses lol now I know. To update you on my progress you are right I ended up doing a factory reset and started off fresh from windows 7, updated till gave option for windows 10 upgrade and chose the "have a digital licsense/reinstalling on the same device" and just waiting till all things are set on the laptop to change over. Although I am wondering if I should see if windows 10 app store and some of its features can be used on a fully updated windows 7 that has all the same frame works and software it had in windows 10 now that all the updates for 7 are done.

6. Macboatmaster

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice