1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

A7N8X Deluxe not reading memory?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BigTex, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Hello everyone, I've upgraded the MOB, I have two crucial DDR SDRAM PC2100 (256mb) memory cards but it's not reading. It reads the ram from the video (64mb) and boots up from the OS not the hard drive.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

It might just be incompatable ram. The board supports ram up to 400 mhz but it can be picky.

I am running the A7N8X-e deluxe and it didn't like the memory I had. I had to go to Bestbuy and pick up some Kingston to get it working correctly. I could have gotten it a little cheaper online but then if it didn't work I would have been stuck shipping it back and waiting some more.:(

3. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Thanks Skivvywaver,
    for whatever reason it is reading the memory now. But I'm getting a error message. When I rebooted the computer, I receive a message "new hardware found" so I pressed installed, but I get the following message:

Cannot Install this Hardware
    There was a proble installing this hardware

IDE Channel

An error occurred during the installation of the Device
    Driver is not intended for this Platform.

Any ideas?

4. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Ok. I got the IDE Channel working properly. But when I got into Device manager>Other devices there is a ? on the following: Ethernet Controller, RAID Controller, Universal Serial Bus Controller and Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to run the CD that came with the computer. It needs to install the drivers for the new hardware.

It also sounds like you moved Windows from one computer to another? If so it may still have the drivers isntalled for the old motherboard; occasionally you can uninstall some drivers thru ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in the Control Panel that were part of the old system.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!