1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

a7n8x-x adapter problem, any change cause reboot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tjika, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tjika

tjika Thread Starter

I got this motherboar (asus a7n8x-x) a few weeks ago and I've been having trouble with my network. When I install any new software that involves my network (simple network for adsl through modem) or make changes to my network properties, i.e. static ip, my computer reboots when it either detects the network or when it enables it. not sure which. The only way to solve it is to uninstall my network adapter and reinstall it.
    Is this a hardware problem or a driver problem? Any way to solve it or should i exchange it?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Are you trying to use the Gigabit ethernet adapter? There are two NIC's on that motherboard, one is 10/100 and the other is 10/100/1000. Just disable the Gigabit adapter and use the other one. I had the same problem but didn't have the time to mess with finding the answer. If you are not going to use the Gigabit capabilities of the other NIC just disable it.

3. tjika

tjika Thread Starter

the a7n8x-x doesn't have dual lan. You're thinking of the a7n8x-e deluxe.

4. Rockn

Rockn

My bad. Is it the Gigabit adapter though? I forget what Ethernet adapter they use on those boards. Maybe the ASUS web site has some FAQ's that relate to your problem.

5. tjika

tjika Thread Starter

the adapter is a nvidia nforce mcp.
    I had a look at the faq on the asus site but I couldn't find anything related to my problem.

6. Rockn

Rockn

7. tjika

tjika Thread Starter

i had a look at my bios version and I already have the latest version.

8. Rockn

Rockn

Disable all power management in the BIOS, disable Wake on LAN and try a different CAT5 patch cable.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/283694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice