A8N-E (asus) BSOD - bios rom checksum error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

psyck0

hi,
need some help...

HARDWARE:

ASUS A8N-E mobo (nforce 4)
amd 64 3000+ (1.8 ghz)
300 gb SATA seagate
1gb ddr Hynix (inserted in the 3rd slot as shown in manual)
BIG 6600 (256mb)nvidia graphics card
Bios version 1006
sony dvd writer

Installed software:

. win xp (sp2)
. chipset driver ver. 665
. sound drivers (realtek ac'97 (al850))
. amd 64 cool and quiet software
. asus ai booster

i have not loaded the network/firewall drivers cause i dont need them now.
(new at this so if i need to post anything else please let me know)

anyway, bought all this just recently and assembled the pc.... worked fine for a few days then started restarting at random times... sometimes while playing game (doom 3, thief) or while doing normal stuff...(showed BSOD) and then after restert just does all the start up checks and again BSOD. then if i manully restart shows it takes a little longer to start up then before the windows logo screen with the bar can appear... it says i need to load required dll or kernel

then when i restart it says...

Awards Bios BootBlock ver. ....
copyright 2000

Bios Rom Checksum error

please insert cd rom ....

floppy...

i also tried to insert the mobo cd that came with package to reload the bios but just ssays loading awdflash.exe and then nothing.
after which if i restart it keeps returning to the same screen (bios rom checksum error).

i have already replaced the memory stick and the power supply (mobo technician suggested the changing of the power supply) and thought that was the problem... but problem still persists. please help

psyck0

i went to the asus service center and he's the one who told me that my power supply needed to be replaced, so i did that... now i'm not so sure it was the power supply... anyway i think i'm going to visit him again and get the mobo rechecked... thanks for the help

Sounds like you have a heat issue and from not fixing it you have caused your computer to lose files from all the hard shut downs and will need to do a repair install to fix that but first you must fix the heat issue so it does not keep restarting. Make sure you have no blown capasitors on the motherboard and make sure you have a good copper core heatsink fan for the cpu. Then do the windows repair.

Good Luck

there has been a problem with the nforce chipset and the drivers... mostly with the forceware/hardware firewall.

My suggestion is to update the bios to the latest.

How do you check which chipset drivers you are using??? I'd like to check mine...

Bios Rom Checksum error

Is this as far as you get when you turn on your system or does it start to load windows and fail?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts