1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

a8n32-sli Raid5 vista install Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bigwookiee, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigwookiee

bigwookiee Thread Starter

I cant get vista to find my raid drive. Acording to MS tecksuport vista cant be installed onto a raid drive. Any one have any luck in geting around this problem. Hear is the good part from my teck suprt person:

Here is a summary of the key points of the service request for your records:

Action: Troubleshoot

Result: Problem solved

Cause: Vista cannot be installed to a raid

Resolution: Must install Vista on non-raid array (n)

Thanks for any help on this problem.

Bigwookiee

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Absolutely incorrect. I am typing this on a vista machine running raid0. In fact there was no need to even load a raid driver; vista setup found the array with no problem.

Are you using the onboard nvidia controller or are you using a real raid card like adaptec, promise, etc?

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

FWIW the os "Sees" an array as a single disk. There should be no problem installing on raid other than the lack of a vista driver for your controller.

4. bigwookiee

bigwookiee Thread Starter

The problem was I was trying to do a clean install by booting from the DVD. When I did the clean install option by starting the DVD from with in 64 bit windows XP. It found the raid drive and I was able to go forward. Typical MS tecksuport that thier own guys dont know what they are doing. Thanks for the help everyone and if anyone else is having this problem just start the DVD from with in XP.

Bigwookiee

5. Iain1979

Iain1979

Mine raided ok and i raid stripping 0

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice