1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AAAHG! Can't boot to Vista OS. Keeps repeating/looping

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Dadrocks, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dadrocks

Dadrocks Thread Starter

I have an MSI VR630 laptop which is their base model laptop. I used windows 7 as a beta tester for free for about 7 months when I first got this computer[​IMG]. When the free trial ran out, I restored the computer and loaded VISTA home basic edition. I had to turn off my computer to rush out the door just when I was starting windows. I left to my appointment and when I tried to restart, I got the error message to start windows in repair mode or start windows normally. I chose start windows in repair mode. So..it didn't work and it just took me back to the screen...over and over. So I tried start window normally and then tapped F8 and got the advanced options of starting in safe mode, safe mode with networking, last known configuration...etc. I've tried Safe mode...no luck...takees me back to the repeating "repair mode" screen. I've tried safe mode with networking, no luck, and safe mode with command prompt. No luck. Also have tried last known good configuration and of course same thing.

I have also been able to get to the advanced boot menu but this doesn't seem to matter.

I'd like some help if anyone out there can give me some. I called MSI tech support and all they said was that "Vista is the most unstable and the software is probably corrupt so you will have to go out and buy a new OS disk and start from scratch.

I'm hoping not. Thanks for your assistance.
    Scott

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice